Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Time To Stitch Hosted by Therese Frank and Christine Altmiller

Thanks for stopping by to check out my post and my attempt to be a part of the  "A Time To Stitch" challenge.  What an honor to be included in this challenge with such incredible talent these ladies possess! The challenge included 4 stitches, however, only 2 were required to be demonstrated.  The 4 stitches were Spiral Rope, Chenille Stitch, Net Stitch, and Chevron Stitch.  Below is the Chenille stitch crafted with 6 pound weight Fireline, size 8/0 seed beads in pink and green.

Next is the Chevron Stitch crafted with 6 pound Fireline, size 8/0 seed beads 6mm Crystals and size 3mm crystals topped by a base metal toggle clasp.


The next bracelet is the Net Stitch.  I used 6 pound Fireline with size 11/0 seed beads 
for the picot edging, 4mm crystals for the connection beads and darned if I can 
remember what size the majority of the seed beads in the bracelet are.  I think they 
are size 11/0 beads as well!  


I had such an awesome time with this challenge!!! Kudos to our hosts on ATTS4, Therese Frank (my Bestie) and Christine Altmiller. This is my first challenge and my apologies for being a little late in posting, however, I am new to the blogging world and I'm a slow learner...hehehe..  I am so excited about doing more challenges as I like to be forced out of my comfort zone and learn more about beading and bead embroidery as well.  Please take time to check out the other ladies blog spots for their challenge pieces!

15 comments:

  1. Hi Crystie,
    Even though I was there when you did the Chenille and the Chevron stitches I still think they turned out beautiful I really like the Chenille bracelet, cause you know it is in my favorite colors. I love the netted bracelet you did a fantastic job on that one. Thank you for participating in mine and Christine's ATTS challenge and I hope that you will join us for ATTS 5
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job you did! I love the pink and green in the chenille stitch - it makes me think of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you had great fun doing this challenge. As a new beadie myself I hope you continue to play with the "flying missiles". Love your pink and green colors...I would love some warm spring sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Paula, Kim, and Therese!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogging world! It's an amazing place. So many inspiring bead people.
    Pink and green are one of my favorite combinations and your bracelet came out great! Both your Chevron and your net stitch came out beautifully as well. I am a lover of green, I bet your chevron beauty sparkles like the essence of spring itself. I hope I see you do more blog hops. They are so much fun, and great motivation. Happy beading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christie all three of your pieces are beautiful. I like the pink and green. Good color combination. The netted bracelet is my favorite. Keep up the good work. Welcome to the blogging challenge world. It is a really fun place to be. I hope to see you in more challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful pieces! Your cheron looks like a forest to me~I really like that look and the color! And your chenille is beautiful~you have inspired me to try my next chenille in larger beads. I always go small with the beads, but I really like the look of yours with the size 8 seed beads. That Netting~it is my favorite! I gravitated to it immediately~love the look, style, openness, and how it is not cluttered. Beautiful Pieces Crystie! More! More!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the contrast in your chenile bracelet it really shows off the stitch well. Your chevron necklace reminds me of the one I did, great minds think alike. Beautiful netted bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to our beady community! What a fantastic job on your first hop! I like all your pieces, but really partial to that last one. A romantic piece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crystie, I'm new to bead weaving too and I think you did great. All of your pieces are beautiful. I love the chenille bracelet - I didn't choose this stitch but after seeing so many gorgeous creations using it, I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like that chenille bracelet. I didn't think to try larger beads - perfect for a bracelet with a bangle feel. That netted one is gorgeous too. You're new to beading? Wow... you're going to be a force to be reckoned with. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pieces - all of them! You did such a wonderful job in matching the colours, love the look and finish on your bracelets & necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of your pieces have turned out beautifully. I am really in love with your necklace though. I calls out to me with the dangles and the gorgeous green.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done! I love that netted bracelet, really, really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite is the Chenille bracelet. Unusual Color combination, but it works! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete